Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Tired Expression



Blink:
“If I knew then what I know now, I would have been very successful.”  A tired expression (a.k.a. cliché)!

Read On:
I have lost count of how many times over the years I have heard the above cliché as it pertains to business.  Even to relationships!  Think about it.  What you know today can be attributed to all the cumulative learning (a.k.a. experience) achieved on your adventure.  Unless you have a time machine, you cannot turn back the clock and take all your current learning (a.k.a. experience) and apply it to the past.  A more realistic approach to life is best summated by Danish philosopher, theologian and social critic Søren Kierkegaard:

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”


5 comments:

  1. I always liked, "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them." - Andy Bernard (The Office)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Eleanor's voice and wisdom and you! Wendy woukd be amazed with your firm's progression.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Eleanor's voice and wisdom and you! Wendy woukd be amazed with your firm's progression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving forward with the wisdom gathered is key.
    Wendy would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "can't put an old head on young shoulders" -- an informed future rests on understanding the past

    ReplyDelete