Thursday, August 6, 2015

Why Leave Home?



Blink:
A new study by the Pew Research Center revealed that Millennials (18-to-34-year-olds) are less likely to be living apart from family members than during the Great Recession.
  
Read On:
The reason young adults are living with their parents:

1.    Free* room and board including unlimited snacking ____
2.    Save money to payback student loans and eventually buy a home ____
3.    Wash, dry and fold laundry service ____
4.    A home base for exotic travel overseas ____
5.    No curfew and unlimited sleepovers ____
6.    All of the above ____

* Does not include mobile bills

Why leave home!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, the listings above described my daughter perfectly! She does her own laundry, however. There are limits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Points 1, 3, 4, and 5 are a tough sell for me. 1) I'm not getting by without paying something for rent and at least earning my meals by cooking a couple nights a week. 3) No one else is doing my laundry. 4) I managed to find a company with locations in exotic places, free travel! and 5) With my schedule I'm lucky to be up past 10 pm any day, weekends included, so curfew is a non-starter.

    It would be nice to be a bit further along on those student loans though.

    ReplyDelete