Friday, January 6, 2012

Walt E. Disney’s 5 Secrets

Blink:
As we close out the first week of the New Year, I trust everyone is sticking with their New Year’s resolutions. More importantly, I hope all of you have established some solid goals for 2012. When it comes to setting goals, I am always inspired by Walt E. Disney’s 5 Secrets.

Read On:

1. Think Tomorrow

2. Free Up Your Imagination

3. Strive For Lasting Quality

4. Have “Stick-to-itivity”

5. Have Fun!

What are your secrets for establishing goals?

3 comments:

  1. I use the "7 Habits" to keep me on track, and establish goals around those. Not creative, but effective (for me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walt's list is a good one, but I'd also add "enjoy/embrace today"!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I would add that personal development goals should be relevant regardless of the professional setting in which you pursue them.

    I would also be aware of the balance between "vertical loading" goals (I.e., doing more of the same skill) and "T-broadening" goals to build new skills.

    ReplyDelete