As I prepare to travel up to New York tomorrow, I was reminded of some memorable Thanksgiving family dinner scenes captured in film.
· Home for the Holidays – Directed by Jodie Foster. Great cast; Holly Hunter, Robert Downey Jr., Anne Bancroft, Charles Durning and Dylan McDermott.
· Scent of a Woman – Al Pacino – Whoo-ah!
· Pieces of April – A punk, played by Katie Holmes, invites her suburban family into NYC for Thanksgiving dinner. She even sets her table with little paper turkeys.
· Avalon – Lou Jacobi’s classic line as he walked in late for his family’s Thanksgiving dinner: “You cut the turkey without me!”
· Planes, Trains & Automobiles – Steve Martin and John Candy. A John Hughes classic!
What are your favorite Thanksgiving film scenes? Happy Thanksgiving everyone!