Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Favorite Holiday

Blink:
National Martini Day.

Read On:
Foodimentary is a great source for humorous food and drink facts. It was conceived by John-Bryan Hopkins who has received two Twitter Shorty awards (over 370 thousand followers). I use the site regularly to aggregate fun content for my numerous social media platforms. Thanks to Foodimentary, I learned that Sunday, June 19th is National Martini Day, definitely my favorite holiday.

Chilled Grey Goose, dry straight up
Shaken not stirred
Too many produces the hiccups

What is your favorite holiday?

8 comments:

  1. Its National Martini Day because its FATHER'S DAY. And that's what we want. A Tangueray SIlver martini.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take a dirty Martini please! With blue cheese stuffed olives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all over this one my Tini-Pal. Gin, on the rocks, 3 olives. Since I'll still be on vacation Sunday I'll have to have one to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire Alarm MarketingJune 17, 2011 at 10:12 AM

    Jim
    I will drink to that and please stirred not shaken and I will have the drink in the Standley Cup
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in...Tangueray dry, up with a lemon twist, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads up! I think this will now forever be my favorite holiday, too! No fuss, just chilled vodka and blue cheese stuffed olives for me. HEre's to Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your comments. I am so bummed out, I called Sysco to special order some olives stuffed with blue cheese and learned they discontinued the item here in Philly. I wanted to pick some up on my way to Boston tomorrow to share a martini out of the Stanely Cup with Bob. I bet the Cup keeps a martini really cold like a shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. During NRA this year, I met a client for drinks at Volare, a well-rated Italian restaurant. I was early and proceeded to watch the bartender remove pimentos and stuff their own olives with blue cheese at the bar. It was "interesting" to say the least.

    ReplyDelete