“Change demands a temporary surrender of security.” - Gail Sheehy
The Philadelphia Sports Club was packed this morning. Made me realize it is that time of year when everyone begins adhering to their newly formulated New Year’s resolutions. I have been good for 12 days. However, being a marketing geek, when I got home, I decided to call some friends to survey what their top New Year’s resolutions were. Here is this year’s list of 12 resolutions to break:
1. I will start a new diet and this year is the year I stick to it 24/7/365.
2. I will go to the gym a minimum of three times a week.
3. I will finally quit smoking.
4. I will finally get my colonoscopy this year.
5. I will not bad mouth anyone.
6. I will remember all significant birthdays and anniversaries this year.
7. I will return all emails and phone calls on a timely basis.
8. I will not work on my computer after dinner.
9. I will not incur any late fees on my charge cards.
10. I will finally keep track of and utilize all my frequent flier miles
and credit card rewards.
11. I will get my car inspection on time.
12. I will not spend more than $100 a month at Starbucks.