Sports used to be important to me. Now the only sport I follow is singles tennis. Why? It is strategic, one on one, all about heart. After watching the Australian Open last week, I realized I have learned a lot from tennis that I have applied to my business knowledge.
Detailed below are the lessons I learned watching the Australian Open:
· Know yourself, know your opponent.
· A great match can sometimes change in a heartbeat; one masterful shot can produce a huge shift in momentum.
· Maintaining one’s composure at all times is key.
· Winners are prepared to go the distance, champions know how to close.
· Grand slam champions make all the necessary adjustments required to hoist the trophy at the end.
· There is no substitution for experience.