Friday, October 23, 2009

Big Black Hole

Blink:
It’s Friday morning and you are probably asking yourself; wow, how did my week evaporate? The other day, I was sorting through some old papers and came across a survey I once read that was taken amongst ten thousand executives in 1992 titled Ten Major Time Wasters. What has changed?

Read On:

1.) Meeting-itis.
2.) Telephone interruptions.
3.) Shift in priorities.
4.) Lack of priorities.
5.) Attempt too much.
6.) Ineffective delegation.
7.) Drop-in visitors.
8.) Cluttered desktop – lose things.
9.) Lack of self-discipline.
10.) Inability to say “no”.

What has changed since 1992? A no brainer; the Big Black Hole – the Internet/Intranet. Think about how much time you spent emailing, responding to email, Googling and staying linked via social media this past week. Time management has become an enormous challenge thanks to the expansion of the Big Black Hole.

On a personal note: Wednesday marked the one year anniversary of my blog, SMARTKETING Reflections. Candidly, I consider myself a novice of blogging. Still learning, realize I have a ways to go, but I am definitely having fun. Thank you. I anticipate your continued readership.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your one year anniversary. Your list of Ten Major Time Wasters could be from any year. '62, '72. '82...... I have found an additional challenge of our mobile world, a home office. For all its benefits, it is not a great place for productivity when the kids hit the door after school. Also, there is not a sign in the world that will keep them or your spouse out of your office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year... already? Thanks for sharing your wisdom and insights... it's always a good thought-provoking read! Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So True.

    Realizing we can’t possibly feed the Big Black Hole enough is an evolutionary inflection point for mankind.

    As a result of millions of years of very little information, we are hard wired to always allow new information to come in and we have to get beyond that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud of your blogging year. You have great ideas to ponder and the key is you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete