Friday, April 3, 2009

America’s Coach

Blink:
I have benefited from the wisdom of some great mentors, my parents and a select handful of business colleagues. I have even obtained wisdom from people I have never met, great artists, architects and business gurus like America’s Coach, Marshall Goldsmith (
http://www.marshallgoldsmithlibrary.com/).

Read On:
Thanks to a recent misunderstanding with a client, I was reminded of a great Marshall Goldsmith article published in Fast Company magazine, Finding the Upside of Anger (
http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/98/mgoldsmith.html). In this article, Marshall addresses how we tend to focus negative energy in the form of anger directed at individuals that drive us crazy. We relive times when this individual was inconsiderate/ungrateful. Utilizing a Buddhist parable, Marshall taught me to redirect my energy towards making some behavioral changes to better navigate my business journey in the future.

Several years ago I took the initiative and connected with Marshall via email. Great guy! A Globe Trotter that always gets back to me when I reach out to him. Very generous in sharing some of his teachings – articles that he has published or plans to get published. I also highly recommend his book, one of the best leadership books I have read, What Got You Here Won’t Get You There a New York Times best seller. Hopefully, someday I will get to meet Marshall in person, but for now he has been a great mentor from a far.

Marshall Goldsmith walks the talk and is America’s Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment